Monday 4 September 2017

Online discussion on Hamlet

http://dilipbarad.blogspot.in/2013/08/worksheet-hamlet-movie-screening.html?m=1

> Introduction: The story of madness and revenge, Hamlet is considered the greatest play ever written. It is performed all around the world, in almost every language. The tragedy happened in Denmark and Hamlet was the prince of Denmark.


∆ Here,  my answer to online discussions.:

1) The movie Hamlet is much faithful to the original Shakespeare's play, because kenneth Branagh used every dialogue and the scenes of the original textbook and also his selection of all the characters are suitable for the movie.

2) After watching movie Hamlet, I have seen there is no any changes in the characters or any situation. But there are some changes like the look of Prince Hamlet, Shakespeare shown more Young Hamlet than the Kenneth Branagh shown.Branagh shown modern palace than 16th century and also used modern costumes of the characters

3) Yes, I felt aesthetic delight when Hamlet and Ophelia living lovingly and also I was very happy when Hamlet killed Claudius.

4) Absolutely, screening of movie help me to better understanding of the play we know that "An image describe thousands words".

5) Yes, I felt catharses scene when Hamlet comes to know about his father's murder by his uncle and mother. When Hamlet is frustrated and he behave cruelly with Ophelia in this scene in which Ophelia had gone mad and  sing a song with her  madness.


6)  Whole play is very good but i like the character of Prince Hamlet. I will cherish his character lifetime.


7) If, I get to chance to remaking movie on Shakespeare' s Hamlet. I would portrayed Prince Hamlet as a brave soldier. I change many concept like there is no revenge. Not remarrying of Gertrude , I portrayed her as widow of king Hamlet and end will be happy that Hamlet and Ophelia get marry and succeed to throne of Denmark. Through this changes I should try to give moral lesson to the readers and society that Hamlet know about his father's murder but he forgive his uncle for his cruelty because Hamlet know that if I get revenge of my father though  my  father will not come again so why I done cruel thing as my uncle done.To this concept I would like to make moral play.

8) The destroyed of king Hamlet's statue conveys us that king Hamlet's eyes was open for the revenge in the beginning and in the end of the movie his revenge fulfilled so his eyes closed and sleep well through destroying statue.

9) While studying the play through movie psychological, philosophical approach and formalist approach find more applicable to the play because Hamlet and Claudius communication and dialogue delivery, we can seen they both like a psychy.

10) In the play Hamlet formalist approach is more appeals because characters dialogue delivery is so high so we can't understand easilys. We can see  many time, in the soliloquy of Hamlet, in the madness of Ophelia and also in the prayer of Claudius. We find formalist approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment